HOW TO MAKE A CROCHET WIG USING PRE-TWISTED HAIR.

A popular protective style that is all the rave right now is Crochet Braids. These employ the use of a latch hook to pull the hair through cornrows. The hook is then opened, the hair opened and the remaining hair pulled through the loop tightly.

What you will need

1 Mannequin Head
1 Mesh Weaving Cap
1 Latch Hook
5 1/2 -6 packs of Rastafri Pre twisted hair (click here to purchase!)

Rastafri Pre-Twisted hair

Let's talk about this hair! First off, I love, love, love, it! This has got to be one of the best inventions this half of the century! :-))))))) It comes twisted up, just as you would get it if you went to a braiding salon. The only difference is, this costs only $8 for a pack! They come in a wide variety of colors too! Another great thing about using this hair versus going to a salon, is that it only took me about an hour and a half to make this wig, while if I had gone to a salon, it could have been up to $400 to get this style done! And yes, I did call my local salons for a quote. (Please note, I live in Central Saskatchewan which has very few black hair braiding salons which is one reason why their prices are so high)

This hair is also very soft, unlike kanekalon hair and other braiding hair that itches, this is super soft and silky, I actually love running my fingers though it. I also have not had any issues with the hair unraveling, but If you think you will, all you need to do it dip the ends in boiling hot water for 10-15 seconds and that should seal them.

If you've been wanting to try Senegalese twists for a while but have been afraid to do so, give these a try! And if you aren't a wig-wearing person, you can just as easily apply these directly to your head. (Click here to see a YouTube video of Teeday6 applying pre-twisted hair directly to her head)

Making the wig

Start by putting on the wig cap on the mannequin head. It was very difficult for me to do it directly on my head because my hair kept getting caught in the hook. It is much easier to do it on the mannequin, plus it only costs $10 at Sally's and can be used over and over again. Be sure to grab the stand to hold the mannequin head, that way you can attach it to a table or counter top and it won't be sliding around. 

I made my first YouTube video this week, showing how easy it is to do crochet braids. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment section here on the blog, or on YouTube.

Popular posts from this blog

KEEPING YOUR HAIR MOISTURIZED

HAIR POROSITY AND HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR HAIR ROUTINE.

COLORING NATURAL HAIR- LORÉAL HICOLOR HIGHLIGHTS