WHAT I HAVE BEEN UP TO...


It has been a difficult transition migrating to a new county. But being the resilient person I am the challenges are slowly being conquered. So what's new with me? Well I got married in July, I started working in June and so I have been so busy that honestly I have neglected my hair. I did a light edge trimming a few weeks ago. Not sure how effective that was. Overall my hair is in relatively good shape. Most recently I blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair. It was a bit of a disaster to be honest, I thought my hair would have been long enough by now to get easily styled into a small bun. But it was anything but easy!. I eventually succeeded but I was definitely not pleased with it. The ends of my hair felt thicker than the rest and proved very difficult to straighten. I did use lots of heat protecting serum which really protected my hair. (I washed my hair after a few days and it went back to being curly with no straight hairs poking out which means I did not have any heat damage.)



Softsheen Carson Roots of Nature Thermal Smoothing Serum.


 My hair looked so great when I finished flat ironing it but once I started combing it out to style it, I looked like hell! I ended up just flat twisting the front and making a small weird bun in the back.

I did notice that the recommended amount of the serum for use was ineffective at first so I applied the small amount to each section I flat ironed. My heart was racing the whole time!

Post Flat-ironing.

Would I get heat damage and throw away almost a years worth of hair growth? Would I have to big chop again? Ugh! I was freaking out and I couldn't wait to wash it and find out if my hair was OK, but it was and I am so grateful. I honestly don't feel I would flat iron hair again. At least not in the foreseeable future. It is too much of a risk. I have decided that if I ever want to change up my look again, I will opt for a safer more practical route. That being a wig for example. In a few days I will post a new blog showing a few new wigs I have bought and my thoughts on each. Are they safe for natural hair? What are the pros and cons? Stay tuned for another great article!




















Popular posts from this blog

KEEPING YOUR HAIR MOISTURIZED

COLORING NATURAL HAIR- LORÉAL HICOLOR HIGHLIGHTS

HAIR POROSITY AND HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR HAIR ROUTINE.